Datafeeds are the most efficient way for us to collect merchants' wine lists. A datafeed is a structured, web-based document. You can easily create one to list your current, in-stock wine inventory.
Step 1: Create a web page
Create a web page (JSON, XML or delimited text), with a URL such as:
Please do not add password protection.
Step 2: Add inventory
Add your in-stock inventory for each product:
- Wine, beer, or spirit name (max. 160 chars)
- Product name in full as on the label including: producer or distiller / region / appellation + single vineyard + grape color + age statement.
- Additional description (max 160 chars)
- Put additional information inside [ ] square brackets e.g. [Label slightly damaged].
- Vintage (e.g. 2005)
- Use 4-character format YYYY as we list wines from the 18th, 19th, 20th and 21st centuries.
- Specify ‘nv’ for non-vintage products.
- Offer & unit size
- List the number of products in the offer or pack for sale, and their unit size.
- Where the item is a single bottle, describe the volume, e.g. 750ml, 150cl, or Magnum.
- Where the item is case or multi-pack, describe the number of items and the unit size. e.g. 3 x 75cl bottles, 12 x 750ml bottles, case of 6 Magnums, or 6 x 330ml cans.
Do not use: case of 750ml as number of bottles in case is missing, case of 6 as bottle size is missing, Jeroboam as bottle size missing e.g. 3L, 4.5L or 5L, 75cl if size is 70cl as an incorrect size will affect sort by 750ml price.
- Show total price to 2 decimal places. Use a period to show decimal point e.g. $12.34.
- If selling a case, show the case price.
Do not use: per-bottle price when selling a case as we will will calculate this, currency symbol as this is already in our system based on your country, comma for decimal point.
- URL (max. 255 chars)
- The deep-link or URL to click through to a product’s landing page on your site. URLs must be written in full, and begin e.g. https://
- Minimum order
- Describe minimum order e.g. minimum order of 3 bottles, or minimum order of $100
- Describe tax status of individual product: Use ‘inc’ or leave field blank for tax-inclusive, ‘exc’ for tax-exclusive, ‘ib’ for in-bond, ‘dp’ for duty paid.
- Offer type
- Describe type of stock holding: (blank) for retail stock on hand, ‘a’ for auction, ‘en’ for en primeur, ‘pa’ pre-arrival, ‘ft’ for futures, ‘m’ for marketplace or by-request.
- Delivery time
- Describe your standard delivery time eg. same day, next day, 1 week, 1 month, 6-12 weeks. 12+ weeks.
- Stock level
- Use total number of units held in stock.
File Format Information
JSON or XML
- A JSON or XML file in LATIN1 (ISO-8859-1) or UTF-8 encoding.
- Field names should be meaningful (Wine Name, Price, Vintage etc.)
- Use LATIN1, UTF-8 or ASCII, with pipe ( | ) delimiters
- The first line is the header, and defines the field names (Wine Name, Price, Vintage etc.)
- Use one line per wine
- Terminate lines with either a newline or carriage return. Do not insert newlines, carriage returns, HTML tags, tabs or escape sequences within any of the fields.
Examples: JSON datafeed, XML datafeed and delimited text datafeed.